The 2019 Festival of Fruit will take place August 16-18. We are still finalizing the agenda and activities. Highlights of the schedule are:
- Friday, August 16, 2019:
- Tours and talk at Huntington Botanical Gardens in San Marino, CA
- Tours of the Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden in Arcadia, CA
- Tours of other locations (private gardens and nurseries) in the afternoon
- A Friday night social with light refreshments at the Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden in Arcadia, CA
- Saturday, August 17, 2019:
- A day of speakers, vendors, and workshops/demonstrations, and tours at the Arboretum of Los Angeles County in Arcadia. The lineup of speakers will include experts and enthusiasts speaking on a wide range of fruit varieties and topics.
- Saturday evening will include a banquet and a final speaker at the nearby Arcadia Community Center.
- Sunday, August 18, 2019:
- We continue with tours, including those of private residences in the greater Los Angeles area, as well as at Huntington Gardens, Cal Poly Pomona (with guided tours and talks).
NOTE: We expect the weather to be hot and sunny during all 3 days. We recommend attendees to bring reusable water bottles, sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats.
Stay tuned for further event details, registration information, and vendor lists!