On-line registration has closed.
If you would like to register, please come to the Sands Inn and Suites on Friday evening between 4pm – 6:30pm, or the Cal Poly MAC building on Saturday morning. For more information about these two times and locations, see the “Registration Packet Pickup” section below.
You can choose to:
- attend the entire festival ($65), or
- attend Rosalind Creasy’s talk on Edible Landscaping, and the panel discussion that follows. ($25).
Listen to this interview with Joe Sabol about the Festival of Fruit 2016
by Central Coast Foodie’s Rachel Duchak.
With your registration for the entire Festival of Fruit 2016, you get to:
Friday Evening 4:00 – 7:00pm:
- Attend a banquet reception featuring the wines of several local wineries; beer; dry hard apple cider; hors d’oeuvres; review a plethora of Raffle Prizes and purchase tickets for a drawing that will be held that evening; pick up your registration packet; choose your free fruit plant to take home with you, mingle and socialize with CRFG fruit-lovers from many CRFG chapters!
- Hear keynote speaker, Rosalind Creasy, talk about “Edible Landscaping!”
- Ask Ms. Creasy and a panel of knowledgeable CRFG members questions about Edible Landscaping!
- Review a plethora of Raffle Prizes and purchase tickets for several drawings that will be held throughout the day
- Raffle drawing #1!
- Listen to your choice of 3 of 19 different speakers who will speak on a variety of topics!
- Visit the Vendor Fair (open 10am-6pm): talk to a variety of vendors, enjoy a fruit tasting, buy t-shirts and caps, buy fruit plants for a great price, rummage through a “garden garage sale.”
- Raffle drawings #2 & #3!
Friday and Sunday:
- Tour home and commercial orchards and gardens, and/or participate in several hikes in beautiful San Luis Obispo!
Also if you choose:
- Buy a box lunch at the Festival while supplies last.!
Saturday Evening Banquet with Post-Dinner Speaker on Chocolate!
- The dinner event has reached capacity and registration for it has closed.
For those who have already purchased tickets, the dinner will include:
- Santa Maria-style BBQ (or a vegetarian option of course!)
- Presentation on growing, making, and tasting chocolate by Tom Neuhaus!
- Final Raffle drawing (#4)!
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 668-7749.
|Friday, Aug. 26||9am – Noon||UCCE San Luis Obispo Master Gardener’s Demonstration Garden:
“The Garden of the Seven Sisters”
Open house-style tours with garden docents
2156 Sierra Way
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Please note: you cannot register in-person at this location. To register in-person, please come to the Sands Inn & Suites or the Cal Poly MAC (times and locations below).
|Friday, Aug. 26||4pm – 7pm||Sands Inn & Suites
Opening reception & plant pick up
1930 Monterey Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
|Saturday, Aug. 27||8am – 10am||MAC (Multi Activity Center)
Next to the Rec Center on the Cal Poly Campus.
The closest parking lot is G-2 at the corner of Slack St. and Longview Lane
Membership in CRFG, the parent organization of our chapter, includes a subscription to the Fruit Gardener, a bimonthly magazine. Membership dues provide funds for the daily operation of the non-profit organization. Join CRFG today!