Welcome to the 2016 Festival of Fruit — August 26-28 in San Luis Obispo County, California
Enjoy your visit to our beautiful Central Coast while indulging your passion for fruit. The Central Coast chapter of the California Rare Fruit Growers is hard at work planning an exciting and educational festival for August 2016.
The Central Coast, with its year round sunny and mild climate, is an internationally acclaimed destination. You will find much to do here during your stay so come early and stay late—make a vacation of it, bring your walking shoes and camera, and join us for the best festival ever!
Highlights: Festival of Fruit 2016
- Two full days of garden tours on Friday and Sunday
- Join us for a “meet and greet” on Friday night
- We’ll spend all day Saturday on the Cal Poly campus with Rosalind Creasy, our keynote speaker—Ms. Creasy is the author of The Complete Book of Edible Landscaping and a number of other gardening-related books including Cooking from the Garden
- Many amazing and fun speakers will present
- Festival attendees can also visit vendor and non-profit information booths
- Saturday will conclude with a delicious BBQ dinner followed by a passionate speaker who will stimulate your sweet tooth: think chocolate
- The area abounds in bike and hiking trails, world class wineries, great farmers markets and restaurants, Hearst Castle, beautiful beaches, and charming small towns